Facial Skin Care: Establish a Routine to Keep Your Face in Perfect Condition
We are going to discuss skin care because it is very important and especially the face because this is the first place people look when meeting someone. Although I have to say many men look at other parts first, ahem. I know that sounds bad, but it’s true! Jokes aside, let’s find out more about facial masks and how to go through a perfect routine at home!
We need to have a facial skin care routine and it’s important to start early and consider this as a very serious disciplined action that you should follow if you want to have that soft supple skin that will make people envious even when you get older.
So here are the 4 basic steps of facial skin care:
1. Cleansing – This is the first step in our facial routine. We have to remove dust, grease, extra oil, and pollutants to keep from damaging the skin. Dab your face and neck with a water soluble cleansing lotion or cream gently massaging this into your skin, always using upward strokes. To remove, use a soft tissue or cotton ball and wipe with a gentle patting motion, but do not rub. Do this twice a day, once in the morning in your regular routine and one before going to sleep.
You should also pay attention to the following:
– Use proper make-up remover instead of just washing it away
– Pay heed to your skin type and the environment when choosing facial skin care products.
– Before you start using a new facial skin care product, test it by applying it on a short patch of skin e.g. ear lobes.
– Never rub your skin too hard.
– Use sunscreen lotions for protection against sun.
2. Toning – this is optional and does not have to be done every day, but if your skin has been subjected to very harsh pollutants and bad environment you may want to make sure you have removed all traces of dirt, grease, and cleanser by using a toner.
3. Exfoliating – should be done at least once or twice a week depending on the skin type and the environmental conditions. It should not be done every day. The skin cells tend to replenish every 3 to 4 weeks. Exfoliation helps in removing the dead skin cells that block the pores and will assist the skin in the natural process. However, excessive or harsh exfoliation can cause damage to your skin, so you need to balance it out.
4. Moisturizing – This is the most important step in our facial routine. Moisturizers prevent your skin from getting dry. Dry skin is really undesirable since it causes the upper layer of skin to break, thus leading to dead skin cells. Again, use light upward strokes to make the moisturizer more effective. Moisturisers work the best when applied on warm and damp skin, so don’t try to remove all the moisture from your previous steps.
These are 4 east steps that can easily become routine and extremely pleasant to do and trust me you will thank yourself later if you started doing these while you were as young as possible!